From: kamallochan Jena (kljena2050_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-25 12:03:52

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind support!

In one of our applications, we are using Boost library and recently found
an application crash because of the locale object return from below
highlighted code from Boost source code (path.cpp).

Boost library source code (File name: path.cpp and line No: 865) seems to
return NULL locale object
[image: image.png]

As per call stack, Application is found to be crashed when std::use_facet()
tried to Getfacet id from the passed locale object :
[image: image.png]
Please Note: At above line 934, path_locale() calls to the above
default_locale() which return an locale object with NULL value.

*Can someone please answer the below queries:*
     1>> In which scenario the code at std::locale(global_loc, new
windows_file_codecvt);", mentioned above will return a locale object with
NULL values ??

     2>> How to enable BOOST_ASSERT_MSG, so below code will execute ??
           Example: BOOST_ASSERT_MSG(&path_locale(),
"boost::filesystem::path locale initialization error");

     3>> In which conditions a locale object can be null ??

Thank you in Advance!!, please let me know if any further details are
required on this issue.

Regards,
Kamal

image.png