From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-07-21 11:08:01

On 20/07/2021 18:44, Stefano Gragnani via Boost-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble compiling code that contains float128 data type.
> I'm using MacOS Big Sur 11.4.
> Compiler: gcc version 11.1.0 (Homebrew GCC 11.1.0_1)
>
> I have no other problems with Boost, the only problem is when I use
> float128.
>
> Please note that I have no problem compiling using libquadmath without
> using Boost using the __float128 data type.
>
> I use Visual Studio Code:

You can manually fix this by defining BOOST_HAS_FLOAT128 on the command
line.  However, you may still hit other errors as __float128 and
quadmath.h aren't really fully supported in ISO C++ mode.  The correct
fix is to use -std=gnu++20, and then GNU extensions including __float128
are turned on.

HTH, John.