From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-17 17:23:26

On 8/17/2021 4:43 AM, John Emmas via Boost-users wrote:
> On 16/08/2021 18:57, John Maddock via Boost-users wrote:
>> What architecture are you building for?
>>
>> These intrinsic headers come from boost/integer/common_factor_rt.hpp and:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I'm wondering if the check for x86 needs to be applied to the
>> BOOST_MSVC check as well as the intel one?
>>

> Hi John - my builds are all for Windows/Intel and I'm using the MSVC
> compiler itself.  Interestingly, I don't see the errors if I switch
> VS2019 to use the Clang compiler...
>
> This morning I removed all my own preprocessor directives and I've tried
> building for 32bit / 64bit / simple console app target / dll target. But
> as long as I build using MSVC I get the same error list in every case -
> just from #including that 1 x file!!
>
> Edward - I know it's a cheeky request but is there any way you could let
> me have your VS2019 project?  If yours builds okay, then it must be
> something in my project settings.  But if yours doesn't build either,
> then it's most likely a versioning problem here.  I'm currently running
> VS2019 Community Edition, ver 16.11.0 - and my boost version is at 1.71.0

I ran my test from the command line with bjam using the latest source
from Boost on the developer branch. The command line is:

cl /Zm800 -nologo "test_include_rational.cpp"
-Fo"test_include_rational.obj" -TP /wd4675 /EHs /GR /Zc:throwingNew
/Zc:__cplusplus /bigobj /Z7 /Od /Ob0 /W4 /MDd /Zc:forScope /Zc:wchar_t
/Zc:inline /favor:blend -c -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 "-I..\..\.."