From: John Emmas (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-17 08:43:34

On 16/08/2021 18:57, John Maddock via Boost-users wrote:
> What architecture are you building for?
>
> These intrinsic headers come from boost/integer/common_factor_rt.hpp and:
>
> [...]
>
> I'm wondering if the check for x86 needs to be applied to the
> BOOST_MSVC check as well as the intel one?

Hi John - my builds are all for Windows/Intel and I'm using the MSVC
compiler itself. Interestingly, I don't see the errors if I switch
VS2019 to use the Clang compiler...

This morning I removed all my own preprocessor directives and I've tried
building for 32bit / 64bit / simple console app target / dll target.
But as long as I build using MSVC I get the same error list in every
case - just from #including that 1 x file!!

Edward - I know it's a cheeky request but is there any way you could let
me have your VS2019 project? If yours builds okay, then it must be
something in my project settings. But if yours doesn't build either,
then it's most likely a versioning problem here. I'm currently running
VS2019 Community Edition, ver 16.11.0 - and my boost version is at 1.71.0

John