From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-17 17:20:08

On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 6:59 AM Kalesis, Ioannis via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The point that I need help understanding is whether there is a guarantee on the order of the packets being enqueued to kernels network stack.

There are no portable guarantees.

> Is there any possible way for “packet2” to be enqueued 1st in the kernel network stack?

Yes. Once the packet leaves your control, it passes through any number
of software and hardware agents, and they are free to reorder them
however they want. You must write your code in a way where the
outbound ordering does not matter. And the recipient must not depend
on any particular ordering.

Thanks