Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Header inclusion guards
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-04-17 18:43:51

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Barend Gehrels wrote:
>>> However, thinking of Boost'ification, I'm not sure, but we may need
>>> to change it again.
>>>
>>> Layout of Boost libraries is as follows:
>>> - headers
>>> <root>/boost/<lib>/
>>> - translation units, tests, examples, doc
>>> <root>/libs/<lib>/test
>>> <root>/libs/<lib>/example
>>> <root>/libs/<lib>/doc
>>> <root>/libs/<lib>/...
>>
>> Sure, I realized that making the last preview and creating the boost
>> sandbox. We should change that. This change will need to adapt all
>> project files and header files and maybe more. But it is necessary.
>
> Yes and I'm willing to apply or help in applying relevant changes.
>
>> Let's plan a date for this.
>
> As I imagine this is related to the schedule of issuing previews,
> I'd leave the planning to you and Bruno :-)

I've just noticed that if we decide to boostify files structure,
#include directives in most (if not all) headers will need to be
updated, because now all refer to geometry as root of include
directory.

gcc.compile.c++ bin/area.test/gcc-4.3.3/debug/area.o
area.cpp:13:40: error: geometry/algorithms/area.hpp: No such file or
directory
area.cpp:14:45: error: geometry/algorithms/transform.hpp: No such file
or directory

As far as I'm correct, this

#include <geometry/algorithms/area.hpp>

need to be changed to read:

#include <ggl/algorithms/area.hpp>

Then, after GGL will be merged with Boost, it will be simple to
update include paths by search "<ggl" and replace with "<boost/ggl"

Is that OK? Are we ready to plan such update?

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net