Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Reviewing GGL against Boost requirements
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-04-18 13:02:38

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Perhaps it would be a good idea to walk through Boost guidelines
>> regarding dirs and files structures, naming, etc. and do a kind of
>> review of GGL source code. This could make it clear what kind of
>> changes and how deep changes would be required to follow Boost
>> policies.
>>
>> I could do it by walking through the Boost policies documents [1]
>> and [2], list every guideline/requirement and check if GGL does
>> follow it or not.
>>
>> [1] http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html
>>
> It is a good idea, sure.

Great, then I'll be on it.

> I've done it when I first submitted. Most of the stuff will be
> according to these. The guidelines are updated last year, e.g. I saw
> that the directory structure is now according to how they are
> normally in the boost sandboxes (thought it was not like that
> earlier).

Yes, I've noticed the structure is different in the sandbox.

> Anyway, if you can do it it would be welcome. I know I didn't follow
> the 80-character guideline anymore,

80-chars line is a guideline suggested as "source code should follow".

> and I also favour tabs, but maybe we should adapt it again.

Personally, I use spaces and I've probably destroyed tabs in
files I did edit :-)

I think that we will have to migrate to spaces anyways, because
tabs are clearly forbidden (for similar reasons I prefer spaces myself):

"Tabs are banned because of the practical problems caused by tabs"

http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Tabs

So, what should I do with tabs? Shall I re-tab text files in the tree
(it's automatic process, by the way)?

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net