Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Naming template parameters
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-04-28 04:38:43

Hi,

> What do you think about stealing template parameters naming from Spirit
> so they are yet easier to recognize.
>
> We've agreed to use CamelCase, but Spirit proposes a slight
> modification: CamelCaseT with T postfix.

I thought about it. It sounds not too attractive to me. The changes we
made until sofar were to comply to the Boost Guidelines. I'm slowly
getting used to them. These guidelines are not too strict, there is some
variation among different boost libraries. I think Spirit uses such a
deviation, indeed to make it clear what is a template. I don't know why,
the CamelCase is unique and clear enough (now that typedefs are or will
be in lower case). Spirit also has the _t postfix for typedefs, which is
also a bit too much for me.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net