Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Visual Studio projects
From: Barend Gehrels (barend.gehrels)
Date: 2009-05-11 17:12:37

Mateusz Loskot wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently, there are only .vcproj files for Visual Studio 2008.
>> These projects are incompatible with former Visual Studio versions,
>> especially with VS 2005
>>

> Actually, AFAICT, it should be enough to do this:
> look for <VisualStudioProject> element in all .vcproj files,
> find attribute Version="9.00" and replace its value to "8.00"
>
> Best regards,

Hi Mateusz,

I upgraded them, last year or so. Maybe not so wise indeed. I've created
a backup of the old ones but there are more new ones, in the meantime.

Replacing its value might be not enough, there are some new compiler
options which should be turned off.

I think supporting both versions is not necessary, it is much work
especially if things change, you have to apply all changes in double.
Besides that an upgrade is easy. Downgrade is also not difficult but
probably not completely obvious for all users, indeed.

So let's downgrade again, good idea. If you want I can do it, I'm an
experienced vcproj hacker now :-) (only cannot find that one problem...)

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net