Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Visual Studio projects
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-05-12 10:48:29

Bruno Lalande wrote:
>> Hmm, I didn't know.
>> I've tried but couldn't find anything in Boost Build V2 manual
>> neither in Boost old and new Wikis.
>
> Boost.Build documentation is not the best doc ever indeed, but this
> kind of thing is fundamentally hard to document well.
>
> The Boost distribution embeds a Boost.Build facility (in
> tools/build/v2), but not Bjam. If you are under Linux you can compile
> it from the Boost distribution, or download the package depending on
> your distro. If you are under Windows, just download the latest
> version from sourceforge (in the Boost project). It comes as a mere
> executable.

OK

> In my experience, the 2 only variables necessary are BOOST_ROOT and
> BOOST_BUILD. BOOST_ROOT must point to the root of a Boost distribution
> and BOOST_BUILD must point to the root of a Boost.Build. So I set them
> to:
> BOOST_ROOT=<boost>
> BOOST_BUILD=<boost>/tools/build/v2

Yes, I'm familiar with these two tricks

> <boost> being my Boost distribution (for instance ~/boost_1_19_0). Set
> those variables, and launch Bjam in a directory that contains a
> Jamfile, like the test directory in GGL.

I understand how to configure and use Boost Build in order to compile
stuff using bjam command, however one thing is a bit unclear for
me in this case here:

Should I expect to get .vcproj files generated by Boost Build/bjam?

> Tell me if you can get to a result with those informations.

OK, I'll try tonight.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net