Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Visual Studio projects
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-05-12 12:34:25

Bruno Lalande wrote:
>> Should I expect to get .vcproj files generated by Boost Build/bjam?
>>

> Sorry I didn't express myself correctly. By "generating the projects"
> I actually meant "compile exactly the same stuff as what would be
> compiled by your .vcproj file".

I see. Looks like a little misunderstanding :-)

On Windows where I can use Visual Studio IDE, I was looking for
an easy way to maintain and use .vcproj projects which allow fast & easy
building and debugging and access to all features of VS IDE.

CMake can generate .vcproj/.sln files (as well as other types of
projects like XCode or plain makefiles). That's why I said CMake would
be handy here.

> My point was that I don't ever need any project configuration file,
> since I stay in the console and simply launch Bjam the same way
> everywhere. It saves me a lot of time to compile and test under lots
> of compilers.

Yes, I know how to use Boost Build and and I do use it on Unix OSs
and it works for me very well. However, I also use Visual Studio IDE.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net