Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Visual Studio projects
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-05-12 14:10:51

>> I actually meant "compile exactly the same stuff as what would be
>> compiled by your .vcproj file".
>
> I see. Looks like a little misunderstanding :-)
>
> On Windows where I can use Visual Studio IDE, I was looking for
> an easy way to maintain and use .vcproj projects which allow fast & easy
> building and debugging and access to all features of VS IDE.
>
> CMake can generate .vcproj/.sln files (as well as other types of
> projects like XCode or plain makefiles). That's why I said CMake would
> be handy here.
The CMake generated .vcproj / .sln's require always CMake. So they are
not that useful. We have to (or it is convenient if we) provide
independant .vcproj files which can be used by MSVC users, and do not
require CMake. CMake is a bit virus-like there, like the GPL license.
Though CMake seems a perfect tool, for the rest.

By the way, all the tests/examples are 2005 now.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net