Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Definition of exception types
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2009-06-15 04:52:07

Hi,

> However, as it introduces significant changes and would require to
> update many places in the library, I'm not the right person to discuss
> and decide on further applicability of this solution.
> So, I would leave this aspect of the discussion to Barend and Bruno.

I Like the approach used in FileSystem, I didn't know it and was
impressed by its simplicify and efficiency to produce a perfect blend
of 2 very different error handling technics. So I'd be very interested
in having something similar in GGL.

However, when reading the second proposition of Hartmut about
extending Boost.System, I didn't see the relation with the first one.
Especially, I can't see what a GGL algorithm would finally look like,
and what it'd give from a user's point of view. Does it still look
like the "some_function" function in the first example?

Thanks
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net