Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Move a point_ll by a distance
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-10-22 12:26:52

Hi Richard,

> many thanks for the code. I thought it would be more complicated than
> that. But it works perfectly well.

Good to hear.
> Meanwhile I ran into another problem.
> In one sourcefile I use the wkt streaming operator without problems, but
> in another file, I get a compiler error as soon as I include
> <streamwkt.hpp> on the following statement:
>
> void flight_grabber::read_json(const boost::filesystem::path &jsonfile)
> {
> std::cout << "Reading json file : " << jsonfile << std::endl;
>
> error: ambiguous overload for ?operator<<? in ?std::operator<<
> [...]
> Any idea why that could be and how to resolve it?

Yes, I've had this once with another object. However, I cannot reproduce
it now, using the same boost::filesystem::path

What happens is that the generic stream manipulator in streamwkt picks
the object, while it should not.

I would advise using ggl::wkt(geometry) now and not include
streamwkt.hpp. That is always save.

We can probably solve this problem using SFINAE, but that has to be
found out.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net