Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Efficient rotation about a point
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-12-01 13:57:34

Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> Guys, perhaps we could make basic structure in our OSGeo SVN:
>> branches
>> tags
>> trunk
>
> This is AFAIK the default or most commonly used structure? So sure, agree.

Yes, it's most common layout.

> However, first we have to make a final decision about svn_at_osgeo, which
> is not done yet (and being discussed off-list)

Sure. I sent out a kind of temporary proposal.

>> and then we could push current sources which are still in fragile status
>> in terms of structure, in to branch
>
> Is a source with fragile status is normally considered as a branch? What
> is the relation to transform?

 From my experience, yes. It is not uncommon to have experimental
branches, private branches, etc. It does not have to sit in "branches"
folder, there could be a separate folder, like sandbox in Boost
or "spike" in PostGIS http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/

>> The only reason I'm suggesting it is it would simplify anonymous
>> access to current sources.
>
> All those folders have anonymous access, or do you want to limit that?
> I don't know. Do you mean read access or write access?

The GGL repo at OSGeo is all already accessible anonymously but read-only:

http://svn.osgeo.org/ggl/

Now, whatever folders/files you put in there, they are read-only for all
as well. I do not think there is point to restrict read-only access.
Write access is restricted, of course.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net