Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] [quickbook] Updated table of content
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2010-02-12 16:23:38

Barend Gehrels wrote:

> Today I had a look again to the Quickbook Doc and I discovered more
> contents, great!
> For quick reviews it might be handy that the chapters with real contents
> might be marked somehow, for the duration of filling. This makes reviews
> more easily.

Good point.
Initially, I wanted to removed unfilled nodes, but eventually
I decided to keep complete Table of Content displayed as it gives
better picture of what is to be done, etc.

I added small mark (?) to indicate particular node (including its
subnodes) have not been filled yet.

> I found that the quickstart is filled and does have the samples, using
> syntax etc, so that is working nicely. Did you type them in or are they
> somehow extracted from sample-sources?

I just copied & pasted these blocks of code, plus indented to make them
recognized by Quickbook as code snippets:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/quickbook/syntax.html#quickbook.syntax.block.code

> I also found contents on the geometry concepts. It is looking good. One
> thing, multi-geometries also part of the simple feature specification,
> so simple features, not complex features. It is probably better to
> change "simple" with "single" there and then complex with
> "collection-like" (or multiple, or something better).

It's a very good point, I fixed it. I decided to use
single geometries or just geometries for point, linestring, etc.
and aggregate geometries for multi-*
Also, I decided to indicate the aggregate geometries are homogeneous
geometries, as we do not support heterogeneous geometry
collection, do we?

Significant update is coming within next 48 hours ;-)

Thanks for review!

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net