Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: problems with Boost Geometry Xcode compile?
From: Mark McCann (mmccann)
Date: 2010-03-10 12:34:44

The above does solve my problem for now. However, I'm still not sure exactly
how this AssertMacros.h file is being included. Even if I move #include
<boost/geometry/geometry.hpp> to the very first line of the file, the macro
for "check" is still messing things up. This tells me that some header is
automagically being included in all of my files. This only happens in Xcode
and only when I'm also using wxWidgets. However, I don't think it's an
include from wxWidgets because of what I just mentioned. It is probable
something in the compile environment needed for wxWidgets with Xcode. Xcode
has a tonne of compile options. The only thing I could find that might be a
problem is an automatic include of a Carbon.h header, but even after I
removed this the problem remains.

For now, I'll have to use the #undef check trick before my Boost.Geometry
includes. Hopefully Apple will eventually stop using these stupid Macro
names!

Thanks for the support guys. Oh, I also agree that I would hesitate to
change names just because some vendors use incredibly stupid/unfriendly
macro names. But, you might have to weigh against how common of a problem
this will be for people using Xcode. BTW, macros _are_ evil!

Cheers,
Mark