Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] [doc] New draft of Reference based on Doxygen-to-Boostbook
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2010-03-12 09:00:18

Hi,

Yesterday I managed to get first good results of processing Doxygen
XML output to Quickbook/Boostbook documentation.

Here it is:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/ggl/qbk/

As you'll notice, this is only Reference node.
The other parts which are already written manually
(.qbk files in the repo) and those to be written,
all they will be integrated and the Reference will be
one of node of the larger document.

For instance, I'll try to integrate hand-written parts of concepts
documentation with the Doxygen-based synopsis and reference of concepts.
Then it should be possible to navigate from elaborate description of
concepts to
Reference of concepts, and the other way around.
So, these parts should make to one doc eventually.

Another issue to be solved is to fix and improve the nature of hyper-text,
so names of template parameters, etc. will be linked to corresponding
concepts
or models, etc.

There are also XSLT templates missing to process public macros, like the
registration macros.

I'm looking forward your comments!

Generally speaking, I've reviewed docs of most of Boost C++ Libraries and
I decided that Boost.Asio is the best example to follow. Boost.Asio is a
complex library,
it heavily uses Doxygen comments and, IMHO, it integrates them with
Quickbook/Boostbook
very well:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html

Enjoy your lunch time reviewing the docs :-)

Best regards,

-----

--
Mateusz Loskot