Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: about multi geometry support
From: feverzsj
Date: 2010-04-29 05:28:48

Barend Gehrels wrote:

> Yes, in most cases it is straightforward and the most probable reason is
> time / priority.
> But for intersection and union, it is not necessary, they work for
> multi-polygons and for polygon/multi-polygon combinations.
> If you have the dispatches implemented, you might send them to me (or to
> the
> list), they are welcome, and I will include them. If you have accompanying
> unit testcases they are welcome as well.
> Thanks, Barend

hi, Barend:
  Thanks for your quick response.
  Yes, the combinations work for multi geometry intersection. But, what
about other combinations, e.g. multi-polygon/box, multi-linestring/box?
Also, the combinations description in the documentation seems kinda
cluttered. It may be better to say : considering box/ring to be polygon, and
you can do polygon+polygon intersection.