Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] RE: incorrect result for an intersection
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson)
Date: 2011-04-16 23:00:43

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> On 17-4-2011 1:10, Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>> Vishnu wrote:
>>> Luke,
>>>
>>> What does Boost.Polygon use for independently validating its boolean
>>> operations?
>> The general booleans have been in use by quite a few different
>> people since 2009 and have not have any bugs found in that time.
>
> ... besides the bug I found a month ago?

That was not in the core general polygon booleans algorithm. It was in the way the 45-degree algorithm was being used from the interface that normally calls the general polygon algorithm and the fact that general polygon formation wasn't compatible with the output of the 45-degree boolean in some cases. There have been several bugs in Boost.Polygon since it was released, but none in the core boolean algorithms.

Luke

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net