Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] spatial index - structure
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz)
Date: 2011-05-13 20:03:40

W dniu 2011-05-12 22:29, Bruno Lalande napisal(a):
> Hi Adam,
>
> Thanks a lot for all those tests and numbers. Even though I'm surprised
> by those results, I have to agree with your conclusion. The very purpose
> of indexing structure is searching and we must focus on this metric. So
> it looks like the polymorphic solution is better and we should stick to
> it, unless you can think of another way to optimize variants.
>
> Anybody out here has something against that, or any idea to improve
> variants?

I've commited changes, there are two types of nodes now. One may enable
variant nodes by defining BOOST_GEOMETRY_INDEX_USE_VARIANT_NODES. See
additional_sizes_and_times.cpp. Nodes definitions are in
geometry/extensions/index/rtree/node.cpp and
geometry/extensions/index/rtree/node/ directory. If you have some time
to spare please check if your results are equal to mine.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net