Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Problems with the difference between two polygons
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-07-24 06:23:30

Hi Enrico,

On 21-7-2011 21:40, Enrico Leoni wrote:
>> It might also be good to call boost::geometry::correct to your input
>> polygons, because they are not closed. But that does not solve your second
>> problem (maybe it solves the first).
> Using "correct" and "unique" I'm in your same situation,

The need to call "unique" is since now not necessary anymore. The
intersections take case to produce a unique set, themselves. This is
updated in Trunk.

"correct" is only necessary if your input polygons are not closed.
Alternatively you could select a polygon-type which is not closed. So in
the sample you sent earlier, it is still necessary.

I will look to the output of the second call in "difference" later.

I'm curious to the results of your benchmarks.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net