Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Help needed with Intersection operation
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson)
Date: 2011-08-30 22:06:26

Christoph,

As it happens the Boost.Polygon library provide polygon intersection operations that use 32 bit long instead of double and are 100% numerically robust. The library uses snap rounding and bounds the maximum error to 1 integer unit square (you can move sqrt(2) distance diagonally at maximum due to integer snapping error). To get high precision you can scale your data. You might consider giving it a try.

Regards,
Luke