Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Polygon DP simplification
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2011-09-30 06:36:23

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for this patch.

I don't remember about the details but I'm pretty sure this sqrt was absent
on purpose. It was pulled away from the actual calculation to avoid useless
square root computations when comparing distances, and it is the
responsibility of the caller to call sqrt. So probably one of the
algorithms/operations used fails to do it, we will have to identify which
one. I assume adding the sqrt within pythagoras itself causes all the
operations that use it properly to fail unit tests.

I guess Barend will have more details about the actual implementation.

Regards
Bruno