Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Intersection of linestring with polygon
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-11-20 19:30:10

Hi,

On 15-11-2011 0:23, Mike Williams wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have successfully used boost::geometry::intersection to get the
> intersection of two polygons. How I want to get the intersection of a
> polygon and a line (the portion of the line that is internal to the
> polygon). When I call intersection(polygon, linestring,
> vector_of_linestring) I get compiler errors.
>
> Could someone please advise me on how that can be accomplished.

It is now basically running for most linear/aereal combinations
((multi)linestring/(multi)polygon/ring). Almost all cases are running.
Almost, because there is at least one case not yet finished and there
might be more. But those are the more exotic ones, you will probably
(depending on your usecase of course) have no problems. In case you are
trying it already and encounter a problem, please report it.

Next week I will continue with those other cases, the difference (here
the complement of the intersection), and a robustness test to verify
more cases. Robustness tests are also done for polygons, it found at
that time also some new cases so quite convenient.

Regards, Barend