Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: rtree ?
From: Bernhard (Bernhard.Schmitz)
Date: 2011-11-25 17:11:16

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote

> Of course, I'm planning to do it. But first, I'd like to hear from you
> all, do you like the interface? Maby something should be added or changed?

Hi Adam,

I have to admit I don't fully understand your interface. The only example I
could find is the additional_sizes_and_times.cpp in the tests directory.
The rtree class provides one query method, which has a Predicates type as
the first parameter. In additional... some predicates are used and I
understand that. However, there is also query(intersects(B)) searching time
test, which has a box as the first parameter. I don't understand why it
compiles (how is Box a predicate?) and what it does - although I admit it is
more of a curiosity question as I think I can achieve what I want with the
given predicates.

I have one other question. Is it possible to iterate over every item in the
rtree (without knowing their position, i.e. giving an appropriately large
bounding box)? Unfortunately I need to do that in the project I'm working
on.

Thanks & regards,
Bernhard