Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Geographical point in a polygon
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-12-11 17:06:42

Hi Chris,

On 6-12-2011 22:37, chris kaiser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to determine is geographical point lies in a geographical
> polygon. I've created a test app (see below) that defines a polygon
> that encompasses the North Pole. I then define a point that
> corresponds to the North Pole. The within function returns false. Am I
> doing something wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.

Indeed there is a problem here. Any polygon including either North Pole
or South Pole, might return false for a point inside (and for the poles
themselves the returnvalue will always be false).

I will look how to solve this.

Besides this, the polygon you define is not closed, but that is not the
real problem here.

Thanks for the report.

Regards, Barend