Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Upcoming changes in I/O formats structure
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz)
Date: 2011-12-10 19:26:37

Hi Barend,

On 10 December 2011 14:31, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Thanks for your proposal. I agree with it, only a few remarks.
>
> First one for the users: as long as you include things like
> "boost/geometry.hpp", nothing will change. Only if you are specifying
> headerfiles explicitly (don't think many will do), there might be some
> changes necessary.

I'm not sure I understand.
Currently, boost/geometry.hpp includes this:

#include <boost/geometry/domains/gis/io/wkt/wkt.hpp>

as well as other IO headers:

#include <boost/geometry/io/dsv/write.hpp>

So, I aimed to replace them with single:

#include <boost/geometry/io/io.hpp>

which would include all released IO formats:

#include <boost/geometry/io/dsv/dsv.hpp>
#include <boost/geometry/io/wkt/wkt.hpp>

What shall I do?

> Second, WKT was already included in the Release, from the beginning on. We
> cannot do without (it is indeed in nearly all unit tests). It currently
> resides in/boost/geometry/domains/gis/io/wkt.

Yes.

> The files in extensions are still there (think they can be removed now indeed)
> but they contain a compiler-warning to indicate the move.

Yes, and I actually aimed to remove these deprecated header
before folks will start using it widely :)

Please, correct me wherever I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net