Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] extensions
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 17:48:25

Hi Barend,

Sure we can reuse them. That's to say, Boost.Geometry did (does) have an
> own math::pi<T>() but that is because of templated numeric types (e.g.
> ttmath). Those were not possible to define in Boost.Math. John Maddock has
> said to help that in Boost.Math and I believe that has very recently been
> done (did not try it until now). But that was not yet released in the
> Release branch (when I looked last time).
>
> So this can go indeed, and our geometry::math::pi can go either (or
> redirect to Boost.Math) as always was the intention.

Ah, good point. Yep, hadn't thought about that, indeed big numbers
libraries often provide their own constant instances. Didn't know (or
didn't remember) that there was an intention to have that in Boost.Math, we
should probably ask John about the status of this.

Regards
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net