Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] one more variation to "transform"/"convert"/"for_each_point"
From: Volker Schöch (vschoech_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 11:36:55

Hi,

I am aware of the transform, convert, and for_each_point algorithms. However, as far as I can see, none of these can be used to achieve the following: I want to copy one (multi-)polygon to another while applying a transform operator to its points. In particular, the result point type of the transformation is different from the input point type. See this code for an illustration:

http://codepad.org/uzp99Zos

That's how I currently solve this, but a generic function along the lines of boost::adaptors::transform would seem the natural way to do it, offering the user a way to apply a point-wise operator while hiding the internal data structures of the specific geometry. Such a transform operation could also be generically applied, allowing to supply the specific geometry type as a template parameter.

Do you have something like that available, and I just missed it? If not, may I suggest that as a future extension to the GGL?

Thanks and have a nice day

   Volker

--
Volker Schöch | vschoech_at_[hidden]