Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Douglas Peucker on 3D lines
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-15 08:43:21

Hi Stephan,

I'm now coming back on this issue:

On 20-6-2012 10:02, Stephan Menzel wrote:
> (...)
> My use case is a 3D LineString for an application that not
> surprisingly represents a road definition. A very detailed though. I
> need it down to the centimeters. Here's my types:
>

> (...)
> Now the first question is, the way I understand the docs, I shouldn't
> have to specify a Strategy. But with the default strategy I get a
> static assertion error telling me this is not supported for my point
> type. Why?

I don't get the assertion. See attached sample, based on the existing
sample and your code. So basically it should run.

If you still have it, and are still interested, could you send me the
assertion trail or the code?

> (...)
>
> Cheers and thanks in advance for hints to help me understand this...

The other questions were already answered or fixed now (previous mail).

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net