Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Box - Geometry intersection
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-09 09:07:21

Hi,

I've noticed that the intersection of a Box with other geometries e.g. a
Ring or a Polygon is not implemented. From my understanding, it should
be simple (at least for Rings and Polygons):
1. a conversion from Box to a Geometry,
2. call of intersects/intersection for two Geometries.

This would allow the user to pass other than Box Geometry to a rtree
query. We could e.g. find all Boxes intersecting a Ring or POIs within a
Polygon. This could be faster than the common way of doing it, where
someone must first perform a query for Polygon's envelope and then test
all resulting values again.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net