Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Request concern on the performance suite for Boost geometry
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-20 16:57:49

On 20 March 2013 16:37, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 20-3-2013 11:08, Tanjot Uppal wrote:
>>
>> We are planning to use the boost geometry library to incorporate the GIS
>> features/functionalists with MYSQL.
>
> That is exciting.

I happily second that!

>> As boost libraries would be the base of the GIS features in MYSQL, it
>> would be important for us to measure the performance of all these features
>> and functions. Hence we are in a need of the performance test suites and
>> performance benchmarks for all the GIS features supported by Boost library.
>>
>> We would be highly obliged if you could throw some light on the existing
>> performance test suites for the boost geometry and the performance bench
>> mark reports for the same.
>>
>> It would be appreciated if you could assist me with accessing these test
>> suites.
>

> I have the following information:
>
> 1) I did some performance comparisons years ago. The results not available
> on the web, but the test can still be downloaded here:
> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/geometry_libraries/
> (it is already old, I did not check it - you might get some compiler errors
> in any library...)

I just want to add, that contributions to this benchmark are welcome
as this is supposed to be a general purpose project for libraries benchmarking,
not affiliated with any project in particular.
Anyone who would like to add new tests/libraries feel free to send patches

(Perhaps I should move it to GitHub one day.)

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net