Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] io - WKB
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-18 15:52:35

Hi Mats,

On 18-7-2013 21:04, Mats Taraldsvik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think that WKB io is an important missing feature, so I've started
> to implement WKB reader and writer, based on the existing
> implementation for WKT.
>
> Is anyone working on this already?

Sure - thanks a lot for your initiative, but note that there is a
(about) 75% ready implementation already, in the extensions! Please look
at that first before continuing. What is missing there are the
multi-versions, I believe that the single-geometry versions do work.

Mateusz did start this but (AFAIK) he did not work on this recently.
Anyway, he knows all the details.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net