Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] io - WKB
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-18 17:18:36

On 18 July 2013 20:52, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 18-7-2013 21:04, Mats Taraldsvik wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think that WKB io is an important missing feature, so I've started to
>> implement WKB reader and writer, based on the existing implementation for
>> WKT.
>>
>> Is anyone working on this already?
>

> Sure - thanks a lot for your initiative, but note that there is a (about)
> 75% ready implementation already, in the extensions! Please look at that
> first before continuing. What is missing there are the multi-versions, I
> believe that the single-geometry versions do work.
>
> Mateusz did start this but (AFAIK) he did not work on this recently. Anyway,
> he knows all the details.

Barend, Mats,

Here is the implementation I have managed to complete:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/geometry/extensions/gis/io/wkb/

Here is the simple test:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/geometry/extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/

It works for all non-multi geometries: point, linestring, polygon.

Continuation is on my TODO, but I haven't managed to push it forward.
My further plans are to reimplement it using Boost.Spirit and since
Joel de Guzman
announced work on the fabulous Boost Spirit X3, I sort of decided to wait :)

Mats,

Regardless my plans, I'd appreciate your help in completing the
current implementation.
I am available to help if needed.

Best regards,

--