Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Buffer algorithm
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 17:17:26

Hi Joan,

joan wrote On 21-10-2013 16:08:
> Hello,
>
> I also need the feature to have a buffer feature in order to go from a
> linestring to a polygon.
> I have read many posts on the subject but I couldn't manage to compute a
> buffer using boost 1.54 or trunk.
>
> When will the feature be planned ?
> Is there some hacks (using buffer_inserter ...) that enable this computing
> in the trunk ?

Sure, in trunk it is possible, using extensions. The best "example" is
the testcode in test_buffer.hpp

Let me know if I can help more, I did plan to work in this in the near
future again.

It is not yet ready, there are some issues, you may encounter them, but
depending on your cases it might be useful for you.

I cannot yet say when it will be in Release.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net