Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Run-Time specified geometries
From: Samuel Debionne (samuel.debionne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 03:58:49

Hello all,
I'm wondering if someone is working on a runtime layer above the actual
Boost.Geometry. Something in the same vein than GIL's dynamic images
(any_views and algorithms that accept and dispatch such runtime/variant
types).

I have done a few experiments with Boost.Variant but before going on I
would like to make sure that it's not already a work in progress.

If we call dynamic algorithms, an overload that take dynamic geometries
as inputs, the main difficulty I have encountered with dynamic
algorithms is that there are instantiated with every possible type the
variant can take. Some kind of filtering (e.g. types should have same
dimensions) using traits and tag dispatching must be in place within the
variant visitor. The other difficulty is with the return type that may
depends on the input types, but no meta function (think result_of) is
available.

I found out that Bruno submitted some prototype. Is there a place
(Wiki?) where we could write / discuss about it ?

Regards,
Samuel

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net