Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] distance contribution merge request
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-15 05:48:02

Hi Samuel,

Before I go further into this, there are 2 things I'd like you to consider:
- Could you please use the transform_variant and compress_variant helper
functions I've put in place instead of the heavy MPL manipulations you're
doing? I think that's exactly what you were trying to do (and I agree it's
the right thing to do). You have an example in the perimeter algorithm.
- Could you detach the handling of default strategies into an actual
resolve_strategy step? You can take examples from various algos, it
basically uses an instance of default_strategy class in the no-strategy
free function, which is then passed along to resolve_strategy since it can
only be resolved when variants are resolved.

I suspect those 2 things will make the code clearer.

Thanks
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net