Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] rtree crash when used with inter process
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-20 21:28:16

Hi,

Fractal wrote:
> Hi all
> rtree is a great library£¬I used it in my project, everything is ok except random crash after I updated program bin file.
> i dig into the source code of rtree,found the crash was caused by using virtual function at node class. I also found that there is a static version of node class. is this a to be implement feature, or I'm using rtree in the wrong way?

It's hard to tell not seeing exactly how the rtree is used.

It would be helpful if you provided more information, e.g. answered
these questions:
Which version of Boost, compiler do you use and on which platform?
What do you mean when you're saying "after I updated program bin file"?
Had it been working before some change?
Have you tried to clean your project and rebuild the program from scratch?
Could you prepare some minimal crashing example?
Is it possible that some other process is modifying the rtree/memory in
the same time?
Are you synchronising the access to the shared memory?

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net