Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Boost.Geometry contribution tutorial
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-21 04:27:39

Hi Adam,

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote On 21-5-2014 2:58:
> Hi community!
>
> I prepared some tutorial showing how to contribute to Boost.Geometry
> however I think this is ok for Boost in general. It has a form of a
> README of this repository:
>
> https://github.com/awulkiew/temp-contributing
>
> Later it may be moved to the Boost.Geometry wiki or converted to QBK
> and put in the docs.
>
> Let me know what you think and what should be modified/fixed.

I like it!

This is a (very clear) technical description. I think we should add one
or two things in the section "Modify the branch":

It now contains /"At this point it's up to you what to do with your new
branch.//"/ which is fine.

But I think we should add some hint that if people create a new feature,
or a bugfix, or some parts for the docs, or an example, it is often wise
to consult the mailing list if that is a good idea. Maybe other people
are working on the same thing too. If it is a larger feature it is good
to post a sort of implementation plan to check if the feature, and the
implementation, is what is expected.

Also we should refer to the coding guidelines.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net