Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Interesting errors
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-14 10:57:06

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed some interesting errors on some platforms. It would be
> interesting to try to know what's the cause and fix or prepare workaround
> if possible.

> 1. Most of the tests of Sandia-intel-11.1 runner. Surprisingly, not all.
> E.g.:
>

> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-intel-11-1-boost-bin-v2-libs-geometry-test-geometries-box-test-intel-darwin-debug.html
>
> Run fail: signal: SIGSEGV, si_code: 0 (memory access violation at address:
> 0x00000000)

May this be caused by passing dummy pointer set to 0 to the
ignore_unused_variable_warning() function in core/access.hpp?

If you agree I'd like to get rid of the pointers and instead use:

detail::signature_getset_dimension const& dummy =
detail::signature_getset_dimension()

of course if this is still needed. Otherwise we could think about removing
them.

I may be mistaken but AFAIR I implemented a few overloads of some function
with different number of template parameters somewhere and everything works
(tests pass on all tested platforms).
Is it possible that this was a problem for some old versions of GCC for
which the support was dropped?

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net