Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Setting up Travis CI for Boost.Geometry
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-08 14:42:53

On 8 November 2014 19:40, Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> What is built by Travis CI?
> 1. Boost.Geometry branch which contains .travis.yml, typically, master
> and develop,
> and branches branched off of those.
> 2. Boost.Geometry clone is deployed into Boost 1.57.0 release source code tree.
> That is because cloning Boost master-repo would takes too long.

It turns out there is a way to base the build on he Boost master-repo
and make the clones quick.
The Boost.Variant may serve as an example here:
https://github.com/apolukhin/variant/tree/travisci

Actually, Antony posted Travis CI suggestion to Boost ml in Sept:

> What next?
> I'd like to submit Travis CI configuration to master and develop
> branch in the upstream repo.
> Apart from commit, the only action that is required is activation of
> GitHub Webhook
> (step 2 in How it works? above) which requies boostorg/geometry admin access.
> Is this step feasible for us or we need to contact any Boost project wizards?

Hmm, it looks that github.com/boostorg repositories are already Travis
CI enabled,
means they have the hook activated, as Antony wrote:
"the parent repository was already Travis enabled"
So, that issue might have already been solved.

Check also the table in the README with test coverage status.
It is provided by coveralls.io service:
https://coveralls.io/r/apolukhin/variant?branch=travisci
It would be nice to add it too.

Best regards,