Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Extensions maintenance (was: Setting up Travis CI for Boost.Geometry)
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-10 21:10:43

Hi,

Barend Gehrels wrote:

> Some are "soon" to be released (geographic strategies, projections)
> and should stay there.
>
> Same for some formats (WKB)
>
> Some are quite often used by others (such as dissolve) and should stay
> there, and indeed we can think about releasing them too.
>
> Some others are not actively worked on (such as sphere).

Actually I'm keeping the nsphere green, though indeed many algorithms
aren't implemented for this Geometry. However some time ago I
implemented a subset allowing to store nspheres in the rtree.

FYI, I'm planning to propose to use similar interface for
ellipsoid/sphere models we were talking about, to use core/radius as a
part of the concept. So this could be released as well.

> They are in extensions because they are not released. They are not in
> the master, so they are not in the main repository.
>
> With this location, we have automatic access to the regression matrix
> too.
>
> Especially for the last reason, I don't think they should be moved.
> But I agree that they should be made "green" and kept "green".

I agree, I took care of some of them already (nsphere). Most of them are
failing becasue recent changes in distance and robustness upgrades. But
dissolve() is failing since I can remember.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net