Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Strange values using boost geometry gis extension with tmerc projection
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-27 07:30:16

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Hundt schreef op 26-4-2015 om 23:08:

> typedef boost::geometry::projections::tmerc_spheroid<point_ll_deg,
> point_xy> proj_spheroid;

Better use tmerc_ellipsoid.

Spheroid exist but I don't get good results with that. I don't know the
details of all projections, so can't yet explain, but ellipsoid is the
tested one and works OK.

> prj.inv(x,y,lat,lon);

Please never use inv directly. It is not meant to be called. Just looked
it up - none of the examples or tests are using inv...

Please call prj.inverse(xy, ll) where xy and ll are point types (as you
specified before)

inv (and also fwd) is meant to be called internally. I will check if I
can make it private.

If you use inverse and ellipsoid, it should work fine.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net