Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Running Geometry libs test suite.
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-24 18:14:20

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Troncoso Via Geometry wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sorry if this has been asked yet again. I browsed the archived and
> could not find the answer.
>
> I'm trying to run the Geometry libs tests suite to verify an invalid?
> geometry I have. I added it as an additional testcase (r34) but have
> failed to trigger the test suite. (I have never before used JamFiles)
>
> As a background note: I'm testing in boost because Mysql 5.7 is
> declaring this geometry as invalid, and it defers the validation to
> the boost libs. I'm trying to track down what is exactly wrong with
> the geometry.
>
> I attach the geometry in question if anyone is curious.

You have to setup Boost (bootstrap + b2 headers) and then run b2 passing
the directory containing tests e.g. go to libs/geometry directory and run:
../../b2 test
or
../../b2 test/algorithms

You can also pass some options like:

../../b2 toolset=msvc-14.0 --abbreviate-paths cxxflags="\wd4244 \wd4996"
-j4 test/algorithms

which will run only algorithms tests on 4 threads with msvc-14 and
compiler options disabling warnings.

But I'm curious, why not prepare a simple test file loading WKT with
bg::read_wkt() and calling bg::is_valid() and run it by yourself with
choosen compiler?

Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net