Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Ahmet Temiz (ahmettemiz88_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-20 06:59:41

Hi,

Thank you all.
I need to merge lines that are in certain distances. Lines represent the
roads. The result looks like some dashed lines. if they are not merged.

Previously I tried geos lib's linemerger function. The result was not
satisfactory.

I looked at boost's append. It is for appending point to a line.

What am I looking for appending a line to another line if it is in certain
distance ( may be a threshold value).

I am going to look at bg::distance().

Do you have any other recommendations ?

regards

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 7:12 PM Adam Wulkiewicz via Geometry <
geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> W dniu 19.09.2019 o 15:09, Mateusz Loskot via Geometry pisze:
> > On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 13:01, Ahmet Temiz via Geometry
> > <geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> I want to merge some partial lines (roads) to a continuous single line
> based on certain proximity.
> >>
> >> Can you guide me to use relevant function?
> > Have you browsed through the API reference for potential candidates?
> >
> > For example, this one
> >
> https://www.boost.org/libs/geometry/doc/html/geometry/reference/algorithms/append.html
> > and this may be helpful
> >
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/blob/develop/example/02_linestring_example.cpp
>
> Well, I don't know if that's what is needed here. AFAIU there is some
> reference line (linestring or segment?) and the problem is that some
> other lines that are closer than some distance threshold should be
> filtered out from a set of these other lines. Is that correct? If it is
> then you probably only need bg::distance() or bg::comparable_distance().
> But these functions will return the minimum distance between two
> linestrings so if you define proximity differently then you'll need
> something else.
>
> So if the above does not apply please expand the explanation of the
> problem defining what does "partial lines", "merge", "continuous single
> line" and "proximity" mean exactly.
>
> Adam

Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.
Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu
Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management