Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-20 09:40:51

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 08:59, Ahmet Temiz via Geometry
<geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thank you all.
> I need to merge lines that are in certain distances. Lines represent the roads. The result looks like some dashed lines. if they are not merged.
>
> Previously I tried geos lib's linemerger function. The result was not satisfactory.

Would you be willing to elaborate on that?
Perhaps you'd have an example of geometries in WKT that was not
processed using GEOS with results you expected.

> I looked at boost's append. It is for appending point to a line.

Not quite. The Boost Geometry (BG) documentation clearly state it
"appends one or more points".
The "more points" is given as a range of points.

I may be forgetting that and be incorrect here, hoping Adam will correct me,
but BG's linestring is a valid model of range of points.
So, append should be happy to append a linestring to a linestring, no?

> What am I looking for appending a line to another line if it is in certain distance ( may be a threshold value).

So, once the subjects are identified based on distance, assuming I was
correct earlier, append should do the job.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net