Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-01 19:07:01

Hi Mateusz,

W dniu 29.02.2020 o 20:32, Mateusz Loskot via Geometry pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason why the CircleCI builds don't build PRs?
>
> I might have forgotten some earlier discussion, but I'm not
> clear if it's intentional.
>
> If it is intentional, can I set up Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions
> to get PRs checked?
This is a "legacy" behavior which may or may not be desireable now.
Boost.Geometry has a lot of tests, more than the majority of other Boost
libraries. CircleCI 1.0 didn't have workspaces and we was able to run
tests only with fixed threads. So in order not to flood CircleCI with
our tests and give other libraries a chance I set up the CI so not all
of the tests were run and they were only tested after a push to develop
or master branch. Then after the introduction of CircleCI 2.0 I decided
to keep this behavior for the same reason but added a minimal test for
other branches. This may be changed for course. Though have in mind that
it will take longer to test GIL and to do whatever else is done at
CircleCI for GitHub/boostorg.

Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net