Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-03 09:39:03

On Sun, 1 Mar 2020 at 20:07, Adam Wulkiewicz via Geometry
<geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> W dniu 29.02.2020 o 20:32, Mateusz Loskot via Geometry pisze:
> >
> > Is there a reason why the CircleCI builds don't build PRs?
> >
> > I might have forgotten some earlier discussion, but I'm not
> > clear if it's intentional.
> >
> > If it is intentional, can I set up Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions
> > to get PRs checked?
>
> This is a "legacy" behavior which may or may not be desireable now.
> Boost.Geometry has a lot of tests, more than the majority of other Boost
> libraries.

Yes, I keep that in mind.

> CircleCI 1.0 didn't have workspaces and we was able to run
> tests only with fixed threads. So in order not to flood CircleCI with
> our tests and give other libraries a chance I set up the CI so not all
> of the tests were run and they were only tested after a push to develop
> or master branch. Then after the introduction of CircleCI 2.0 I decided
> to keep this behavior for the same reason but added a minimal test for
> other branches. This may be changed for course.

I propose to keep CircleCI setup as it is now.

Over this week/weekend, I will set up another CI service, and depending on
how it performs we decide what parts of builds are practical to run.

We need some minimum checks for PRs to catch major issues, to avoid
spending time on PR review which does not pass basic tests, etc.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net