Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-16 21:54:40

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 at 17:42, Digvijay Janartha via Geometry
<geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I wanted to ask what's the current status for Delaunay Triangulation.
> My proposal is based on Project 1, implementing concave hull algorithms
> and one of the algorithm requires computing delaunay triangulation for the set of points.
> So it's very important for me to know how much time will the last PR from Tinko will take,
> as otherwise I would have to implement this myself and plan accordingly.
> Since proposal submission period has already started, so please reply ASAP.

Below, for the archive and completeness of the discussion,
I'm copying our findings recovered from various places during
discussions on Gitter:

Mateusz:
""""
There was GSoC 2019 project,
https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019#project-3
which, AFAIR, was developed by @tinko92 but the questions are:
Was it completed, developed completely or partially?
Has the work been incorporated into develop, completely or partially?

Tinko's work can be found in this GSoC dedicated repo
https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/geometry/
and if you look at its list of commits, you may find some curious
ones, specifically
https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/geometry/commit/cff87f3f28ed1088aece0860fa2e5bfc6e347a36

I can't find any related discussion on the mailing list about
accepting/postponing all/parts of Tinko's work during GSoC.

@digu-007 There is pre-GSoC thread on triangulation
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/03/index.php
where lots of ideas and details are discussed, that may be helpful to
understand Tinko's work from technical point
""""

Digvijay:
"""
This is the final proposal
https://docs.google.com/document/d/137y91owur6kOIe1aK229Ap1d8ASeL18vSbeZv_dP-6o/edit
and AFAIU @tinko92 haven't proposed Delaunay triangulation in the first place.
"""

Vissarion:
"""
Regarding Delaunay Triangulation (as you realized) it was part of GSoC19 project
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2019/projects/6526899294044160/
where the final work products are here:
https://tinko92.github.io/gsoc2019/2019/09/24/work-product.html
It is a pity that this info cannot be retrieved easily
After the end of GSoC Tinko started to create PRs for merging the code
in develop.
His scedule was to create 3 PRs (PR1: robust predicates, PR2: random
point generators, PR3: Delaunay triangulations)
PR1 has been merged https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/617
PR2 is still in progress https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/618

As far as I know Tinko has plans to finish his work
you can ask in the boost.geometry's mailing list (maybe include Tinko in cc)
"""

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net